LET

What is the eligibility for LET?

Lateral Entry Scheme is a method of admitting meritorious Diploma holders to the Second Year/Third Semester of the B. Tech courses to acquire a Degree in Engineering. Lateral Entry Scheme is approved by Government of Kerala as per G.O (MS) No.156/2002/H.Edn dated: 13.11.2002 for 10% of the sanctioned seats in addition to total seats. So as to maintain uniformity among the various schemes of Diploma holders, it suggests a state level Entrance Examination for the selection. Fee for the various courses in Government/ Aided/ Government controlled/ Self-financing colleges will be as fixed by the Government from time to time. Students will be liable to pay all other fees and other charges as per statutes.

Eligibility for Admission:

  1. All admission to Government/ Aided/ Government controlled/ Self-financing Engineering Colleges will be as per the rank list prepared based on Entrance Examination conducted by The Joint Controller of Technical Examinations, Thiruvananthapuram vide Clause 9 of the prospectus.
  2. The admission will be subject to regulations prescribed in the prospectus and of the Universities concerned.
  3. The Maximum age as on the last date of submission of application must be 30 Years.
  4. Non-Keralite’s are also eligible to apply but their admission will be restricted to the Private Self-Financing Institution and Non-Government seats in the Government controlled Self- Financing Institutions.
  5. Candidates are admitted to the branch of Engineering as per the equivalency given in Annexure A. 4. (b) Eligibility for writing the Entrance Examination,
  6. Candidates who have passed Diploma in Engineering/ Technology awarded by any State Board of Technical Education, or Institutions under Government of India after undergoing regular course of 3 years are eligible for writing the Entrance Examination. All candidates are supposed to produce a certificate showing the duration of the course and the details of the certificate issuing authority properly authenticated by the head of institution concerned, in the space provided in the application form.
  7. Those who are appearing for the final year diploma examination are also eligible to apply subject to the condition that they will produce the Qualifying Certificate (Original or Provisional) at the time of admission.

Reservation of seats:

  1. In Government Engineering Colleges all seats under Lateral Entry scheme will be allotted as Government seats
  2. All seats under Lateral Entry scheme will be filled from the common rank list prepared by the Directorate of Technical Education for the LET Admission 2018.
  3. 15% of the seats under this scheme are reserved as Management seats in Aided Engineering Colleges and remaining 85% are allotted as Government seats.
  4. The availability of Government seats in Government controlled and other Private Self Financing Engineering Colleges will be announced before the ensuing online admission.
  5. Communal reservation for candidate belonging to socially and Educationally Backward Classes (SEBC) and SC/ST category will be followed as per usual norms.
  6. 3% Seats are reserved for Physically Disabled candidates. Candidates who claim a reservation under physically disabled quota shall have a minimum of 40% disability. And must attach a disability Certificate from the District Medical Board. Such candidates must also produce a certificate obtained from a Medical officer not below the rank of Assistant surgeon to ensure the fitness of candidates to undergo the course.
  7. One seat each is reserved for Electronics and Communication Engineering, Electrical & Electronics Engineering, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science & Engineering, and Information Technology branch for Defense quota. For claiming reservation in this quota, the certificate obtained in the prescribed format provided in the body of the application form is to be produced.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *